The Dune: Adventures in the Imperium roleplaying game takes you into a far future beyond anything you have imagined, where fear is the mind killer so be sure to keep your wits about you. The Imperium is a place of deadly duels, feudal politics, and mysterious abilities, noble Houses politic constantly for power, influence, and vengeance in a universe where a blade can change the fortunes of millions. Build your House, carve your place in the universe or rebuild an ancient lineage and fight for the Imperial throne.
Take your characters on a journey through the storied worlds of Frank Herbert's sci-fi masterpiece, inhabit elite agents working for noble Houses where Mentats, Swordmasters, Spies, Bene Gesserit Sisters, Devious Advisors, or even desert Fremen join together to follow your banner.
Whoever you choose to be, remember that those that control the spice control the universe.
The Dune: Adventures in the Imperium core rulebook contains:
- Everything you need to create your own stories of intrigue and adventure on the sands of Arrakis as agents of a powerful noble House.
- A brand new version of the 2D20 System adapted specially for the Dune
- An extensive look at the Imperium, its society, factions, history, technology, culture, faith and more.
- Guidelines for novice and experienced gamemasters on how to run Dune-themed adventures and campaigns of intrigue and adventure for the elite agents of a noble House.
- Rules for creating a noble House of your own, from House Minor to Major House, detailing its holdings, areas of expertise and agenda.
- Systems for architect play, where you become the puppet masters, moving agents to your designs to serve your House.
- An introductory adventure designed to quickly get you and your fellow players involved in the byzantine plots of the Imperium on Arrakis.
The 82-page preview pdf includes the full rules and conflict chapters from the Core Rulebook as well as an introduction to the Dune setting. An adventure ‘Desertfall’ is also provided, with six pre-generated characters, all elite agents of House Atreides. Desertfall takes the player characters to the planet Arrakis as the vanguard of their House as they assume power on Dune. Under a cover mission, they are there to check the Residency for enemy agents. If they fail, the family of Duke Atreides may be in deadly danger. Desertfall may be played on its own, or as a prelude to the Core Rulebook adventure ‘Harvesters of Dune’.